View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 13:15   #104
EWAC
too long to remember

Hi there, this definitely isnt right. Drop me a message

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicM View Post
Hi All,

My first post and sorry for the War & Peace but unfortunately having just picked up this immaculate T6 up last Weds I've had / having several issues.

I drove it back from Darlington to Brighton (6 hours) in that atrocious weather, is aquaplaning better with AWD I wonder?

An amazing car despite all my service lights coming on, intermittently cutting out and the alternator smelling like my old '60's train-set transformer about to catch fire.

Took it to Volvo Worthing, nothing serious came up on the diagnostics?? Left and immediately all the lights came back on, returned to Volvo they could smell the car 10 yards away. It's booked in next Friday but to be honest I'm surprised they didn't tell me not to drive the car, seriously it really does seem as though the alternator could cause an engine fire - anyone know if that's possible?

The cutting out first happened at 60 MPH on the M25 in torrential rain, after slight aquaplaning - the car almost came to a halt very scary I felt totally helpless although it was probably no more than 1 second. I immediately put that down to the car just taking on too much water - but really IDK? Bad earth, faulty battery / alternator makes more logic.....

Since then every time I drive the car it just feels like 'lag' the car dips and nothing happens when I accelerate, not every time but it's a bit disconcerting. I'm no expert but combined with the service lights and that smell it surely just needs a new alternator!

Has anyone experienced any of these issues? maybe in the wet? I have Volvo Assistance so not overly concerned but it's not a great start. BTW the car had been sitting unused for around 100 days before I drove it away, which may have some bearing?

My only real criticism of the car, well I need to get this out of the way first, despite those big discs and 6 pot brembo callipers the breaks are not great, they checked the pads but are there better pads to try perhaps?

Attachment 121917

Cheers.

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote