Thread: V50 D5 issues
View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 17:35   #1
sda2489

Default V50 D5 issues

Loved my car in the beginning....

Never been hugely impressed with the fuel economy but it is a 2.4 litre engine so I accepted it would never be as good as my old 1.9 TDI.

Consistently got low 40s during the summer and the previous year I'd had it until then, but the last few months I am getting 36 mpg... I drive like Miss Daisy. 70mph on the motorway with cruise control on, all week. 27 miles to work and 27 miles back, almost all motorway...... Bloomin thing is costing me a fortune.

Recent things to note, may or may not be coincidental.

Sitting at traffic lights or a junction for a little while idling..... Set off, big plumes of grey/white smoke that stinks...... Doesn't happen all the time.

No smoke under normal driving or acceleration. Car goes like a train.

After coasting (over run) and then accelerating, blue smoke........ (oil burning).

Got a leak off test kit to see if the injectors are playing up, and may be over fueling and causing the high mpg and/or grey white smoke........but they all seemed ok.

Egr valve has been cleaned (twice now in my ownership)

Recent events (since new year) have included "soot filter full" and "engine service required" and into limp mode. Forced DPF regen done. 200 miles later. Same scenario. Had another regen done (28 grams of soot in 200 miles) which took over an hour to complete the other day......

Now got the sweat on for next week to see how it behaves....

Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong with it?

Si
sda2489 is offline   Reply With Quote