View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 21:24   #10
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuta View Post
Glad to see that magic number. A local Q-park multi-story I regularly use has a height limit of 2.18m!

Where did you get this system in the UK?

Indeed excellent alternative to this Volvo offer (dealer hasn't got back in touch since the request form was submitted).
Roofbox .co.uk has them. Just select the car and type of rails you have and they will give you the right sized options with correct fittings.

This exact set up is

1 x Yakima Aero-X bars (2), black, S55B (1 x S45B, 1 x S46B) (Volvo XC90 (2015 onwards))

1 x Whispbar 750 series 500 litre gloss black box WB753B (D) (K)

You don’t have to get the same box - this is a big big box that I got because I am moving to Alfa Stelvio with a much smaller boot. Volume is more important to me than weight.

The bars are rated 75kg (incl box) so the lighter the box the more weight you can put in.
A size smaller of this or of Thule runs only 30cm shorter at 200Cm long and 10% less volume but whole 5kg lighter giving you 56kg for luggage. This one because it’s bigger and heavier only leaves 51kg for luggage.
Also smaller box you can probably fit single handedly. This one is awkward size even if the weight at 24kg is not crazy it’s distributed really wide - I had to ask the missus to help. Next time I will use straps. 17-19kg XL box should be easier and less awkward to lift. I do have to say this one looks like it was made for xc90.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post: