Thread: vida help
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 21:46   #13
JohnL

the usb port connection can be an issue sometimes,
I connect the usb to the to the computer before I turn on 'Vida all in one', I don't connect to the car yet,
When you have logged into vida, you should see the next screen with 'start tab' in greyed out, on the screen you should have 2 headings
Define vehicle profile
and perform computer settings

Choose define vehicle profile,

Next screen 'vehicle profile' is greyed

Top left, 'communication tool', there should be a number in that box, with Dice infront of number, there is a dropdown arrow at the side, click that and see if that produces a number, if not, at the side click on Dice configuration. That should then connect the computer to the dice box.
(if there is a number in that box you should be good to go each time)

connect the obd cable to the car plug

If you have connected to the same car before, click the radio button in the 'Latest identified vehicles' with the correct serial number, and click ok.

That is the process I do, if you can do this first and then tell us what happens.

Sometimes have to connect the usb cable a couple of times to the computer to get the software to recognise the Dice.

I can use my vida as stand alone, doesnt change any of the settings.

Failing that doesnt work I would go back to the guy you bought the kit from, my version runs on W7 professional, I didnt think it worked on W10?, may be wrong,

John
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote