View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 15:59   #5
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Many thanks both. I'll look into replacing the reflector assemblies. That makes far more sense to me as it just didn't sit right reading many other threads on other forums that basically said dipped beam on older Volvos were just rubbish because I don't see that Volvo would do that. So I'll see how I get on. Hopefully we'll be able to swap the car soon and if we can get better dipped beam, it means we can stay with Volvo which I really want to do.
if your concern is about possible future car and not current one, then even better - just narrow the search to cars with factory bixenons. Assuming you are after P1 platform (C30, S40 or V50) up to 2012, then if you get FL model (2008+) with bixenon ABL (active bending lights) you will be far from complaining. But any of those cars with halogen lamps will suffer from "candlelight" issue, more or less. It was just bad design by Volvo as projectors are hampering the light output from halogens too much. And if you add flaky reflector or misty lens issue to that... well... thatsa where all those bad reviews are coming from.

If you are after different platform like V70 or newer series like V60, that problem may not exist anymore (reflector headlamps).