Thread: Amazon: - Choke lever
View Single Post
Old Feb 1st, 2018, 17:17   #11
Faust
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Simon;

Thanks for your picture of a RHD mechanism which shows the clip in question well...of course my picture is of a LHD version...I forgot to make mention of that...I've got to remember to do that around here...!

Mike;

That clip is somewhat specialized and it may be tricky to locate...but if you have a solution in place which works but simply vibrates a bit, remove the slop with some washers, metal or even cut from plastic, and you should be fine...a miniature Omega clip would do it too...or you could wrap the mechanism with some low density foam...or you could just turn up the radio...lot's of options...!

Cheers
I put some dum dum putty on there as a temp fix and it's stopped the worst of the vibration... couple of washers also helped (fun job in the dark at 8pm the other night but I got it done).

The clip is part 666622 and I've got one winging its way to me (Skandix sell them but I used the Classic Volvo Restoration site - had a few hard to find bits off them before and they provide a pretty good service).
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Faust For This Useful Post: