View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 21:12   #47
john493
Spannering since birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
Apologies for dragging up an old thread, but I have a MY14 D5 (no stop start, so EURO 4?). How much of this content would be relevant to my car? Will there still be 5 stages of soot build up?

Having only owned the car for 10 weeks or so I'm not used to DPF regens and cycles. In 2000 miles I've only noticed one motorway regen which lasted around 20-30 minutes and no other regens at all. Only sign was the drop in instant MPG, no boomy noise. But the past week/10 days I've had a lot lower average MPG on my commute (too short really for a diesel at 7 miles and never more than 50mph), this morning, when I arrived at work I had a rev and did notice a boomy noise, not so when I got home tonight and the average mpg was higher, but not as high as I have seen in the past.

Thinking of taking the car for a 20-30 minute dual carriageway run on monday, just to see if it helps to clear the soot. Would like to get to know my car and when I need to take it for a longer drive to help clear it, or if I should just continue as normal and hope for the best.

I do wish there was a symbol or better yet a message on the dash to inform a regen is taking place!
A 2014 won't be a euro 4, most likely a euro 5 but could just be a euro 6.
(GS Addict)
john493 is offline   Reply With Quote