View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 19:58   #3
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Meadows View Post
Alan I may be wrong on this so ignore if so: ~ looking at your previous mail & pictures the windscreen seems to be fitted with a replacement wider rubber seal (I believe a recognised modification- see other mail details) if it is then you may not be able to fit the trim with a chrome insert- if the new rubber is just a surface seal then you may be able to change over with the addition of the clips??
Good Luck with the car- Bob.
Thanks Bob,

I had a feeling that might be the case as I couldn't see how some clips would hold the chrome strip onto a broad rubber surface. I think you are probably right - which is a little bit of a pity because it would have been nice to have the 244 looking more or less original, but that being said the more modern seal looks smart as well. I suppose what I should do is offer up the chrome trim in case anyone needs it for a very original car.

I'm glad I asked the question - I have dozens of similar questions that aren't covered in the technical manual - that is the value of a web site like this.

I'm enjoying the 244 - both fixing it and driving it - the car steers like the Royal Barge, but is so cool that my Porsche Boxster has not been out of the garage since I bought it :-)

Best wishes,

Alan
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote