View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2020, 19:47   #20
LowRezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
A bit of silicon grease on the "O" ring on the FPR would have helped a lot. Did you pull fuse #1 after fitting it? That may sort your high idle.

You need the Lambda sensor working for the emissions although i think (not sure) yours has a dispensation to pass the BET rather thanthe cat test - your MoT guy should be able to find this so if it fails on the cat test, remind him some early 940s are exempt from the cat test despite having a cat.

Reverse light needs fixing for the MoT, probably just a dirty connection on the bulb - remove the bulb and rub the metal body of it on your jeans then turn it in your hands so you can also rub the single solder contact on the bottom on your jeans - replace and test or just fit a new 21W bulb.
Headlight wash/wipe isn't part of the MoT so leave it until you can fix it properly, don't try and bodge things!

Bulbs and fuse is fine. I tested both. I think its the switch ontop of the gearbox. From what the Haynes says i have to remove the gearbox X member.

Mine isnt a lambda car as far as i know. There is no wire/sensor in the vicinity of the fixed hole.

If i made a manual reverse light switch, would that pass the test? Trying to find any excuse to avoid dropping the gearbox
LowRezz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LowRezz For This Useful Post: