View Single Post
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 16:46   #1
minuiteman
minuiteman

Default Volvos Customer Service Reply to S60 D5 STEERING PROBLEMS

REPLY FROM VOLVO CUSTOMER SERVICES!!!!!

Thank you for your email. I have taken the time to read the comments from other users and it seems to me that the majority put the handling down to being a feature of 17" wheels and that 16" wheels resolve the issue for them, in some cases even diffent tyres on the 17" wheels help to remedy the matter. The impression that I got from the contributors to the forum was that this is a subjective matter and for some it is an issue and others it is not. Some vehicles too have had a technical issue which has been diagnosed by their dealers and corrected. I am conserned that two of our dealers investigated the matter for you, one before the independant inspection was carried out at your request and our expense and one after. Subsequent to the latter inspection at which some correctives action was taken, you indicated to our dealership that the handling was much improved but that you may prefer to have 16" wheels. At the time we were unable to source 16" wheels for the reason previosly given.

I appreciate your predicament, however, when you decided to buy your car it was in the knowledge that it had 17" wheels. Unless the steering has deteriorated due to a manufacturing or material defect, then repairs to it cannot be made under warrenty. Your dealer is best placed to investigate your conserns and to take any corrective action that they believe necessary. I can only recomend that you bring any current issues to their attention. The recent recall for the volvo V70/S60/S80 was with regard to the ball joints and is only applicable to model year 2004 cars within a specific chassis range. Research and development is an ongoing process and inhancements continue to take place during the whole life cycle of the vehicle. This is not to say that the previously used components were faulty.

I am sorry Mr Page, that you remain dissapointed with the handling of your car. If you believe that changing from 17" wheels to 16" ones will better suit you, then i am affraid that this is a decision that only you can make. I do not believe that we have a responsibility to replace those wheels with smaller ones, I am therefore going to have to decline to purchase or assist with the supply of 16" wheels as requested in your second email recived today.

I am sorry that i cannot help you any further.

Veronica Knight
Customer Relations Consultant

-------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this email that i have recived from volvo.
Please can you email me back with your comments on this email that i have recived from volvo.

Mr Kevin Page (minuteman)

minuiteman is offline   Reply With Quote