Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 12:52   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I think you've come up with a diagnosis there Pete, blockage between the fuel filter (possibly in the filter itself, worth changing for the sake of a few quid) and also possibly the pressure valve inside the fuel distributor is stuck. You could try a bit of percussive maintenance with the hammer in the area of the valve on the fuel dizzy, did you add the ATF to the tank?

You could also clamp off the return line to "dead-end" the fuel pressure so you get maximum pressure from the pump through the fuel dizzy and see if that forces out any more rust flakes (nut sheel particles) but don't do this with the injectors in the inlet manifold as you don't want any of those rust flakes getting inside the engine!
Believe it of not, yes ATF in the tank, but only about 100mls, wasn't sure of the ratio to fuel. I add Baby oil to some of the older cars fuel tanks when refilling!!
Next week I will get back onto the Volvo, We have by-passed the fuel filter in the engine bay for now. I'll let you know how I get on.
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1978 For This Useful Post: