View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 21:39   #1
tractorman5720

Default '98 S70 2.5 20v Spares/Repairs, to be sold complete.

After much deliberation we have decided to let our beloved Volvo go. It appears to have a hydraulic issue with the clutch and it's not economically viable for us to repair it, when its only really needed for a short daily commute.

As per the title it is a '98 S70 in silver with the 16" 'T5' Alloy wheels, 2 front tyres are in vgc, fitted last june for MOT, 2 back tyres still plenty of tread. All 4 wheels could benefit from a refurb. Spare is a steel, looks to be ok but have never used it. Jack, wheel brace and some tools present. No locking nuts so therefore no key.

Engine is sound, been used daily since purchase in May'11 and has covered 181,000 miles. Temp gauge has never gone over half way, even when towing. Only issue has been MAF sensor failure in Sept'11 (replaced with brand new Bosch part) around same time new aftermarket CAT fitted along with Lambda sensor. New centre exhaust also fitted at this time, which turned out to be a dud. Replacement centre section fitted May '12, also a dud, replaced on warranty last month, (wait for it) also a dud, replaced on warranty again which has been trouble free for about 4 weeks now, although the Lambda light has come back on (not investigated why and isn't affecting operation of car). Timing belt last changed at 157,000 miles

Gearbox oil was changed this month in hope of sorting out gearchange issues but have been advised by a member on here that it may well be a release issue causing the clutch to drag. Clutch doesn't slip however and gearchange does feel somewhat smoother for having fluid changed.

Suspension - Rear sub frame bushes replaced July'11, front suspension arms replaced just prior to my purchase in April'11. Last MOT gave advisories for front anti roll bar bushes and rear shock absorber bushes. Near side track rod end replaced July'11 along with outer CV boots on both sides.

Brakes - Front Discs and pads replaced within last 4 weeks along with new caliper bolts. Rear pads, discs and shoes replaced within last 18 months. Handbrake has issues with not holding, have been advised this is a cable issue. Have one new cable which will be included for right price (Was advised by factors that only one cable was needed when in fact it is 2), never got around to buying second cable and fitting.

Exterior - Both bumpers have scrapes in keeping with age. Long scratch along most of nearside, various other scratches all over. Tow bar fitted with single electrics, electrics in full working order, indicator beeper also works perfectly.

Interior - Full leather in Black, wear in keeping with age and mileage. Original dealer fitted mats still in place. Original Volvo radio/cassette fitted. A/C works but could probably use some attention.

Have original owners handbook and folder, also have quite a bit of service history. Taxed until end June and MOT until mid July.

Open to sensible offers and viewing is welcomed. I will be listing this on Ebay and other sites on Tuesday if not much interest is expressed here, I thought I would give you good people first refusal before everyone else has a chance to try and fleece me.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, when its light again.
Volvos past and present 1980 345DL in yellow - Gone 1985 340DL in burgundy - Gone 1994 850 estate 2.5 20v in dark green - Gone 1989 740auto estate in red - Gone 1998 S70 2.5 20v SE in silver - Still with me (just!)
tractorman5720 is offline   Reply With Quote