View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2015, 20:13   #6
volvorocks
Rodney

@Funkydiver

You cannot form an opinion that a system is wrong simply because a few abuse it. Lets face it the same could be said about welfare in full. Welfare is in the main helpful to the many, yet all are cast in doubt because of a scummy few who abuse it.The same could be said of the tax system and people that form trusts to avoid tax etc etc etc.

Anyway, why should a disabled person not have a luxury car? What people fail to note is that getting a car say a Vauxhall Astra or Ford Focus which list around the 20k mark, will only be worth say 5k after 3 years come resale time. A large 'prestige' car such as xc60,BMWx3,Audi q5 etc will not lose as much or at least will lose the same, so no extra costs are incurred.

What I find an abuse of the system is our multi millionaire Prime Minister having claimed DLA. Whilst not illegal, I think that is morally wrong, especially considering his stance on the topic.

Take also people like Mike700, I am sure he will swap his xc60 and Parkinsons Disease for a 10 year old Ford Fiesta and good health tomorrow.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: