View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 01:31   #4
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Near topic: In reality, the police do not have limitless resources, would we want to pay, to be in a police state?

I was impressed by some local police with a 740 I had. A rear small window had been smashed, probably by someone hoping to find something valuable inside, and and the window glass had not yet replaced. As I drove out of town I was stopped by the police, just to check, in case I was in the process of theft.

I am not an advocate for the police. I've been a witness to assault by a uniformed police officer. But fair is fair, it's not an easy job. They really do have to prioritise. And I've been involved professionally alongside police in some seriously worthwhile jobs.

As for securing the car, I think on remembering other threads, the idea of an ignition switch from another car is interesting. And maybe removing the battery ... and one other component of choice ....

My old bus is fairly safe at the moment, both manifolds are still disconnected

Years ago I learnt how useless some anti theft devices are. A Krooklock was by passed by thieves bending the pedal of a Morris 1100, easily done. Those thieves tried to use the old 1100 to carry a safe they had burgled. Crazy ....

Anyway, sadly, there's no such thing as total security.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: