View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 10:38   #5
Montana
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremcalpine View Post
Hi,
Both of my front hubs have too much lateral run-out which I'm now noticing when I brake hard. I verified that both the discs AND the hubs are out of tolerance so going to replace them both.

I've watched a few videos online and it looks like I'm in for some pounding (literally). Pressing out seems to be best accomplished by slamming the hub assy right out with a sledge while the spindle sits on some 2x4's or in a vice. Re-installation calls for a press but I'm wondering if I could get away with using a wheal bearing removal kit rented from my local Partsource. I did not see any videos using a slide hammer for removal. I'm guessing it's in there too tight...?

Has anyone one here done this job? if so, any tips for DIY'ing?
I am about to embark on this same task this weekend on my V50 - i know the Youtube vid you are referring to with the use of the sledgehammer, this is only for removal and seems effective.

However if you dont have a press to put it back in , then i would forget DIY - I have use of a press but a little nervous as i have never done it before.

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote