View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 15:24   #12
Quacker
Premier Member

Here are a few pictures of my Ddpai and Goluk installations in the Volvo.
When the ignition is switched on, we are greeted with "Hi, Goluk" from the front and "Hello ding ding pie" from the back cameras. The volume of each is adjustable thank goodness.
Ddpai is also available in black, which if I had known would have been better for the back untinted window. If tinted it wouldn't matter at all.
The picture out of the windscreen has been edited so that irrelevant stuff is hidden.

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

I forgot to mention that both brands come with wi-fi remote battery driven buttons that I've such in front of the gear selector. These are for convenient quick protection of short clips from six seconds before and six seconds after the button press. These will not then get over-written.

One tip, the current sweet spot for SD cards is 32GB class ten as far as value goes. It is the size that also suits dash cams so they retain a good few hours of footage before a file is over-written.
Goluk usually come supplied with an SD card. Most don't.
Ddpai currently selling on Amazon for £50 plus free promotions, which is pretty much unbeatable value. It's all you need if you don't hard wire it. Plus a micro SD card of course. £10 for a Samsung 32GB card.

Last edited by Quacker; Jun 16th, 2018 at 15:41.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quacker For This Useful Post: