View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2015, 09:52   #13
v70stu
V60 T6

Can I chip in here with my climate control issue? Was going to start another thread. The climate and ac has been fine until we hit 30 deg the other day. Drove home from work, hot car stood in sun all day. Cooled quickly, all was fine until 20 min later and the ac stopped blowing cold. Got home, left car for a bit, went out again and it was fine for 15 to 20 mins and lost the ac again. Next day did a 3 hour drive up the M6 and it was fine for 2 hours then did the same. Stopped at services, returned to car and it was fine again. It was a bit intermittent later on in standing traffic and a temp of 37 deg outside but once moving at motorway speed it was OK again. Last 2 days it's been fine.

Car is 2004 T5, I have no idea if it's ever been regassed. It blows really cold when working and I suspect maybe an electronics issue on the basis that low refrigerant pressure would just result in the system not using the compressor? Or is it that higher engine speeds mean the compressor runs quicker, raising system pressure, so it works OK? Would a diagnostic on VIDA and/or a software update reset the motors on the various flaps, etc? Bit unsure of the best route to go down before starting to spend £££! Thanks.