View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 22:48   #8
PVPVPV

Default I took the plunge!

I spent a lot of time humming and hahing and watching the few PVs that were being bought and sold as they moved from eBay to Car and Classic or vice versa. I finally decided on a 1964 Sport that was first registered in the UK in 2011 and had Neil Oatley of McClaren fame among its illustrious owners. Buying was very straightforward but my wife tells me that the sellers were somewhat bemused by the fact that I intended to drive it back to Holmfirth from Herefordshire the long way, particularly when they noticed that I had set off in third. It survived the trip and so did I. My first impressions were of a rather fierce clutch and rather gentle brakes. I seem to have got used to the clutch and plan for the brakes but a disc conversion is on my longer term "to do" list.
So far it has met my expectations and feels like a car that could comfortably be used on shorter journeys - I use it most days and possibly for longer ones more occasionally.
I think it has had some good treatment by its previous owners but most original features have been retained.
PVPVPV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PVPVPV For This Useful Post: