Thread: XC70/V70 Seats
View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 20:44   #3
Rackingman

Thanks n7xtc and thanks also for the reply to my previous query regarding specs on a new XC70. I think I can get the dealer to do a deal and swop the seats, it means them getting an ES as a demo and then changing everything over so they get a leather upgrade for their demo car and some fancy 18" wheels from an SE Lux and my wife lets me buy the car without a drama. I did the same trick with my 2002 V70SE which now has S spec Velour instead of the original leather - I take your point about resale value but I still have the V70 after 9 years so I doubt it would make much difference now and I intend to keep the Xc for the same or longer.

On the subject of 4 C Chassis, I cant find out about the performance whilst towing a caravan and the dealer is recommending Load Comp instead whilst saying the comfort setting on the 4 C is about the same as the standard car. I personally would have thought that using the sport setting whilst towing would suffice but the dealer is worried about the long term durability of the system for towing.

Thanks for your interest. Regards Rackingman
Rackingman is offline   Reply With Quote