Thread: XC70/V70 Seats
View Single Post
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 22:40   #5
Rackingman

hi Thanks for the info. We are being quoted October if ordered now. We are currently in Sussex after towing the caravan down at 1600 Kgs. The XC60 tows well, very stable and bags of D5 power, but the suspension is dreadful. It is proberably better than most other 4x4 but not what we were used to with our previous V70. Every bump comes through and it only managed 24.1 mpg on a 182 mile slow journey.

I think the dealer was saying that the 4C comfort would be too soft for towing and, because we want a soft ride he was suggesting the standard set up with load compensating suspension would be the best compromise. However I feel we could use the comfort setting solo and then sport to firm things up when towing. Your towing info would be greatly appreciated and what MPG you achieved would be most welcome.

We wont be able to test drive the demo for a couple of weeks so nothing will happen prior to that and only then if he can sort some way of putting T-Tec in an SE Lux. Depends how much he needs the sale I guess. Thanks for your interest.

peter
Rackingman is offline   Reply With Quote