View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 21:15   #1
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Default New car day...after a lengthy search!

I trekked off to Basildon yesterday to pick up my new 740 GL saloon...it’s a 1990 in silver, manual with the B200F motor. It was very dusty and cobwebbed when I arrived as the previous owner had lost his license two months previously and the car had been sat for a while, but it started on the button and is remarkably tidy inside, as it will be outside after a proper polish and touch up.

It’s done 148,000 and has clearly been well maintained. The engine is more lively and sharp than either of my previous B200s and is even better after the basic oil/filters/plugs service I gave it this afternoon.

The bite point on the clutch is fairly high (I know they usually are) but is nice and sharp and doesn’t slip at all. I’ll throw a clutch at it in the next few months anyway as I’m keen for it to be just so.

I’m very happy with it-I’ll upload pics soon. As mentioned in the Touring thread, I have a 600 mile journey to Carlisle and back to make tomorrow, which will be a great opportunity to get to know the old chap!
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
AllHailKingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote