View Single Post
Old Jul 14th, 2018, 10:56   #1
Daleswalker1

Default Intermittent Problem with my XC70

Hi All!

I'm new here and at the absolute end of my tether! I have an intermittent fault on my '08 XC70 (D5 SE). I'll try to keep It brief!

On occasion it develops a stutter when accelerating/decelerating, almost like fuel starvation. It will also sometimes just completely cut out leaving me stranded (usually in the most awkward of traffic situations!!). when it does this it will usually restart after 5-10 minutes and many attempts. When it does restart it doesn't usually give me any more problems.

I bought the car from almost new and have always looked after it well, I have it serviced regularly at my local Volvo dealer (who were also the original supplier), they have had it in on 4 occasions now because of this fault. 1st and 2nd time they couldn't find anything wrong, 3rd time they decided it was the fuel pressure regulator so they replaced it, problem recurred and once again they are left baffled.

I work abroad and SWMBO doesn't drive so it does get left for reasonable periods of time without being driven, I've gone down the "diesel bloom" route and this doesn't seem to be the problem.

This is my main tow car too and next time I'm home we're planning a caravan trip to France and I would love to figure something out beforehand.

Hopefully there are some wise heads out there in Volvo-land that can offer some advice....I throw myself at your mercy!!!
Daleswalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote