Thread: XC70: General - Bonnet switch replacement info required
View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 00:51   #7
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsfield View Post
Undermining my defence!

While it's not the best option to forgo the repair that gives you full alarm continuity, there is an argument that under bonnet thefts are less prevalent than illicit cabin entry and the work-around does eliminate the "Bonnet open" warning enabling the car to be used normally. On a car where the owner cannot do the job himself or cannot afford to have the repair done by a garage or where the value of the car is low enough for the owner to accept reductions in non essential features, I suppose the 1p paper clip is a life saver.
Ha ha, my bad.....

Breaking into a bonnet on one of these cars is far from easy, it can be done but its very difficult and time-consuming and thats when knowing exactly where to fiddle plus, as you say, it unlikely to be molested under there, hence i just used a bit of wire, out of paper clips lol not to mention im a total cheap skate