View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 14:36   #5
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciejzi View Post
Nope, it's not the DEM. I still have no idea what the cause may be
The obvious thing to do is record all the errors codes, then clear them and see what returns within 1 normal drive (go around the block)

Low battery can cause many erroneous faults that are simply related to low voltage. Clear them and if they don't come back, all is OK.

Example:
On my car VIDA shows a few faults which I record and then clear and monitor over time. If they don't come back after a weeks driving, forget about them.
Some have come back, I may have a fault slowly developing with a temperature sensor on the DPF. But not a concern yet.

As for the gear selector, remove the surround around the gear lever and inspect the ribbon cable to the lamp board. Some people have had ribbon cable damage causing indication problems and warning lights, but no mechanical damage.

Connect VIDA and see what communications are possible to the DEM and the TCM (transmission control module). Check all functions of all items with VIDA, you can narrow it down a lot.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote