View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:03   #8
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJE123 View Post
Taking your comments aboard, I think this is the best plan of action:

Tell insurance company that the repair ain't right. Describe problems to them. Tell them that I've been back to the repairer twice, and that they don't think that anything's wrong with the car.

I'll take the car to a volvo main dealer, describe symptoms to them, give them the background, ask them to investigate. Probably will cost me a bit, but I don't mind if they can find the problem. Email/relay their report to the insurers and see what they say.

My Volvo Main dealers are usually pretty good, so should be able to find the prob.

Is this the best plan of action you think??
Call Ins Co as you say, then ask them for authorisation to have the car checked out at Volvo/AA at their expense. Stress the fact that you have been back to the repair center but just get fobbed off but insist there is definitely something wrong and your really not happy with the way it is driving.

The Ins Co may fob you off too saying that it would have to be at your own expense. If they do this ask them to make a note on the system (as a record) that you are not happy with the repair (listing reasons why). Then ask them if you pay for an inspection and there is something that is attributable to the accident will they then foot the cost of both the diagnosis and subsequent repairs? Also stress that if there is something wrong you wouldn't accepty the car going back to the same repair center that has already fobbed you off on several occasions.

I've been fotunate enough in the past after a shoddy repair to have had my car authorised to go into a main dealer and then cue the extra £1700 bill the Ins Co paid out.

Both repairers and Ins Co will do bare minimum to get a job done and like what has been said by others it is all money driven. Ins Co's now will even use 'salvage' parts to fix vehicles - no more is it 'New for Old'. Read your policy carefully too, as most Ins Co's will state if the car is more than 3 years old they can use pattern parts (non genuine) to do repairs. This in itself can have problems with bits not fitting 100%. A bit of a kick in the teeth when it's not your fault.

Hope you get it sorted.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote