View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 09:24   #5
familymangreg
Premier Member

Default Update - all sorted

An update on this issue.

I checked my insurance policy with the NFU and confirmed sunroofs were covered under glass damage, along with windscreens and all other glass. I then spoke to our local NFU office who confirmed there would be no issues in covering as a low excess glass claim, £50 if I were to use an NFU approved glass repair/replacement service or £70 to use my own garage. Clearly I went with the £70 to have my dealer do the repair.

I spoke to my dealer who wanted to see the car to be absolutely sure what was required. A few days later I took the car in and the dealer confirmed the whole panoramic roof would need replacing, which wasn't going to be a cheap job, with the roof itself costing well into 4 figures and them needing up to 2 days of workshop time to replace it.They were also concerned that the roof my take unto four weeks to come from Sweden. I left the garage the contact details of my local NFU office and policy number.

A few days later, the garage called to say their parts department had been speaking to Volvo and found they could get just a replacement for the front section of the roof which was cracked, and it was a much smaller job to replace. The cost of the panel was about £680 and the entire job came in at around £900v and something (can't remember the exact figures).

The garage had also spoke to my insurers and started the claim. We book the job in for the following Friday, the car was picked up, job done, software updated (though not to the new look Sensus, I'll update on another thread, its done now), and returned to us that evening, cleaned inside and out and with a tin of mints!! All I had to do was pay the £70 excess to the garage on the day.

Once again fantastic service from my local dealer, I really can't fault them, they just picked up the job and dealt with everything for me.

:wq
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: