View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 14:17   #2
Baffler
Premier Member

Any other electrical niggles? Radio or dash lights flickering or going off on occasion? The wiring loom which is routed under the rad is known to corrode so can cause a world or electrical problems.

The fuel filter housing on these has a primer pump incorporated into the lid and the diaphragm can go weak over time causing starting issues. You don't appear to have this problem but the hunting on idle could be caused by fuel starvation due to air getting into the system or lack of draw up from the fuel tank. When it's hunting on idle try prime the pump on top of the fuel filter housing to see if it improves.

There is also a fuel shut off solenoid in the distributor pump but, as it's been many years since I had mine, I can remember where it's located on the pump. The solenoid may be functioning fine but the wiring to it maybe the source of your problem...hence why I mentioned the wiring loom under the rad.

The S/V40 wiring diagrams (PDF) should be here on this section of the forum...try the search option.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote