View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 15:56   #8
nozamaman
VOC Member

Default 221 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Benz View Post
Hi Derek, I can't PM you, I don't have enough posts yet. When I do I'll share the reg.
I am going from the stack of old tax discs that came with the car. The last expired in 1981, so I'm assuming that's when John took it off the road.

I am John Griffiths' stepson. I'm guessing if you know John Smith you probably know Griff as well.

The car nearly broke my heart when I discovered the front had sagged with the rails removed. It's a stroke of luck I managed to reverse the process!
Gareth,thanks for posting progess on the Amazon estate the reg is JAA477E I purchased it 1989 - 1990 intending to run it for a few years then restore it after 1991 when I retired from Hantspol I think i used it up until around 1993 taking it off the road to restore, but family and voc commitments, register keeper and membership Sec took up most of my time. I thought it was in fairly good condition when purchased, had about 100K recorded and firbe glass wings. I am delighted that is going so well. I will dig out my diaries etc and post more if I find it.
nozamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nozamaman For This Useful Post: