View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2020, 10:23   #10
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Hello Gareth. John rang me to give me the details. Reason I thought that I didn't have it on the data base is because I thought that the car was blue, not green. The pics I have distinctly look like blue! See below.
120 Register meet Cadnam Hants 1992. Peter Ragg alert!
Car tax ran out 1/7/93 which indicates when it was last used.
John and myself agree that there was unlikely to have been any sag. It's just that the shotgun repair panels give a lot of lee way as to how to fit them. Volvo never supplied panels like this. The inner wing include the vertical part and that had the box section that the wing fits to as a seperate panel. Of course when you get the usual holes in the vertical section you don't fit a new inner wing. Aftermarket suppliers like Veng started to sell the shotguns to make the job easier. They can be fitted neatly to look original or poorly to give varying results.
Don't know how you are doing with the shims for fitting the crossmember. The original cross member would have been shimmed to match the small differences in the body but the main reason for them is to set the castor angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg John Smith Cadnam-vert s.jpg (236.9 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Derek UK; Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:29.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post: