Thread: Body/Trim: 140: - Air extractor drains
View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 15:49   #5
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
There is no drain for any water that enters through the rear quarter window from what I could see if that is where you are talking about. The trouble also is the sill tapers down towards the quarter panel so water won't drain away easily into the bottom of the sill even if you drill a couple of holes in the top of the sill. Seems like a common place for 142s to rust.
As far as I can tell my sills are dry. The plugged hole where I had water leaking out is not in the sill; but, in the floor pan about 10 horizontally (toward the centerline of the vehicle) from the seam along the bottom of the sill. The hole has a rubber body plug in it so nothing is meant to drain through the hole. I had the back seat out and the inside panel off and that area is dry. The body cavity and under seat areas are stuffed with 3M acoustic insulation so If I had water ingress I am pretty sure I would have a smelly residual mess. As a result I don't think I have an issue with water entering from around the rear side window.

I am pretty sure the water is originating from that air extractor box under the rear glass. That extractor box has drains at either end and those drains disappear into holes in the arched floor over the rear axle. I just don't know where the drains go after they enter those holes.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote