View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 19:47   #15
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: miffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishvolvo View Post
Does anyone else get a bit miffed when someone joins just to sell their pride and joy, thinking it might command a premium among the members of the forum because they are Volvo enthusiasts who know the value of various models.
Hope you get what you ask for javea1, can I suggest E-Bay with a no reserve auction?
In a word: YES!

He's a dreamer.

Personally I think the 'bids' are mythical and he's just trying to up the ante. Only it won't wash because we all know what they are worth in the real world, number 001 or not!

The only way he's going to get a Volvo main dealer to offer that sort of money is with the scrappage scheme - which, on a C30 (I'm sure we've all seen the ads) is just about the amount he's talking of being offered.
n.b. I'm not suggesting for one moment that he should scrap it: I'm not in favour of that at all.

Quite apart from anything else, if you tried to convince either owners club (VOC/VEC) or a broker to put such an astronomical value on it for agreed value insurance purposes alone they would laugh you out of the place.

If he chances going to ebay or any place else in the real he's in for a very rude awakening.

Cheers,

T

Last edited by T240; Jun 24th, 2009 at 20:00. Reason: typos
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T240 For This Useful Post: