View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 12:35   #22
Craig S

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1974np View Post
I have xc70 (65 plate) and i use it about 3 -4 times a week, and lately, message came up saying "low battery", and then the stop start stopped working with a message in the LCD " battery charging or low ambient temperature of high altitude etc .. " I am at 40 metres above sea. I have taken the car for a 100 miles trip on motorway, hoping it would reset, however, I still have the same problem. the battery voltage without the engine running is 12.02 volts, and when the engine is running, it is 15.25 volts. The car seems to start first time. Can you please help me locate the batteries for further investigations . I have located the main battery which is in-front of the passanger side in the engine compartment. Where is the second one?
any help to reset the stop star problem would be appreciated.
NP the main battery sounds like it is the problem. A new battery should hold 12.6v when the engine is not running. much below 12.4v the start stop system starts cutting out. below 12.2v the battery is on its last legs, and at 12v it is classed as discharged.

I had exactly the same thing, in my 2014 d4, started off with the start stop not working, then progressed to the low battery warnings. Had the dealer replace the battery, and all is good. now getting a 12.6v reading on the battery first thing in the morning
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote