Thread: General: - GAP Insurance - Where from?
View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 10:57   #6
Viper_7
Premier Member

sorry , I regretted posting that as soon as I wrote it...

Gap insurance covers the monies that are still owing to your finance company/bank that the payout for the actual car may not cover - due to interest rates etc.

What I was getting at as I know your totally aware of - hence why I regret posting it is to pay for the car!

Sorry, I'm just one of those peeps who hate buying anything on finance/loans I'd rather wait/ miss out than take a loan out etc. But of course we would all like to just pay for it all in one go, but sometimes can't due to unforeseen circumstances and of course not stretching oneself unduly financially.

or are you looking at the replacement Gap insurance?

Whenever I've had any experience with insurance regarding haggling over the payout - for my dad!
We always put the onus on them... £500 you say for my car - ok - you show me where you can buy a replacement vehicle of the same model/age/condition for £500 no... you can't right then! make me a more sensible offer . etc!
sure it's not a new for old policy - but it's still insuring the asset value of your vehicle - ie what you would get for it if you had put it on the market.

Vipes :-(
Mods:
Volvo Tax disc holder - increases power output by 5%
Child Seat
Rear and side Volvo fitted blinds.
Tree Sap from May - July.
Removed at least 46 cup holders for weight reduction.

Last edited by Viper_7; Jan 27th, 2007 at 11:02.
Viper_7 is offline   Reply With Quote