View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 20:20   #3
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

At 2006 you are in the age that could possibly have valve problems. So far I've not had any problems with VSR in these engines but there are a couple things you can do to reduce the risk.
1) fit a electronic valve saver kit. This basicaly adds some special oil into teh air intake that protects the valves and valve seats.
2) set the LPG system dribble a small amount of petrol in while running on gas
3) Change the tappets back to the older type
4) just run on LPG and hope for the best. Worst case the head is coming off and bit of work will be needed.

Temprature is not the problem its lubrication

Most systems are ok if correctly matched to the car. The main thing is the installer. There are a few systems/parts to stay clear of such as Valtek injectors, Tommasetto vapourisers, BRC multivalves and anything from Turkey. On the other hand Valtek make the best solenoid valves and Tommasetto very good multivalves.

The adaptation with the T5 ECU is related to the fuel octane rating. Normal unleades is 95 super 97 and LPG 115ron. The ignition map is set for the higher octane super unleaded and knocks back when running std. With LPG having such a high rating it will run at its best.

Spark plugs do need changing as a regular service item but at around £10 a set no big expense there. The plugs need changing for basic copper single electrode plugs.

I do also have a service centre in Scotland for service/repair work for any Future servicing after conversion.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: