Thread: V50 General : - "Miles to empty tank" accuracy
View Single Post
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:31   #3
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
Was this a fault with the computer or was just I silly to trust it?
Jamie
Without a doubt,.... it was the fault of computer. Why put a feature (which we have to pay for) that is not accurate is what I would love Volvo to answer? Taday we have cars on the road that has more computing power than a space shuttle (I think) so if this is the accuracy of all that computing power, I hate to be an astronaut.

"hey bill, it shows we can make another orbit and head back to earth with lots to spare.." ... yeah sure. If the guage is made by volvo, I better headback right now.

ps: I owned a different make car back in the 90's which had an onboard computer as standard. And the fuel readings were fairly accurate. I remember the to empty showing 0 miles and I still made it to a petrol station. I suspect it used the instantaneous reading to workout the balance and not average. The night before it showed 10 miles to go and in the morning it was down to 2miles left since its was drawing more gas when the car just started. Odd why Volvo can't seem to get such a simple thing right.
pigapumbu is offline   Reply With Quote