View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2018, 07:33   #28
volvopilot

So there has been one more symptom that can be added to the list now. Yesterday on my way back from work I was cruising on CC at around 55 mph into a tunnel. The car was slowly accelerating to around 57, maybe 58. I decided to disconnect the CC at that point. I pressed the accelerator and it immediately went into 'reduced engine performance' mode. I was on the highway, left lane, in a tunnel without any shoulder road on neither side. A pretty dangerous situation since the tunnel was followed by a 4% climb to the top of the tunnel. I crawled out of the tunnel at 30mph and pulled over on to the shoulder.

at that point the engine was running very rough. Idling around 1500rpm and it felt like it wasn't running on all 4 cylinders. But this probably has to do with the fact that it was in a protection mode.

I shut that car down. Grabbed my OBD scanner from the boot. I connected it, no codes at all!

Then I started the car up again with no problem whatsoever. I then continued another 30 miles home without any problem or hesitation in the car.

So just to sum it up again:
- erratic idle when slowing down. stabilized once on a standstill
- sometimes a little bit harder to start or takes 2 cranks
- reduced engine performance mode

I was reading another topic on this exact same issue: https://www.avforums.com/threads/vol...#post-20283423

On the last post he mentioned the following:
Quote:
'So I bit the bullet and contacted the dealer. This time, there was a new Master Technician, which gave me some hope. They had the car for a few days and the new guy suggested the fault was as a result of electrical interference and recommended fitting a shroud around the cabling near the throttle body. The part cost £12! It also seemed to me that if they had a part for this specific problem, then it's a known fault?'
So I suspect the throttle body at this point, but the connectors and this cable shroud sound interesting as well to replace all in one just to rule out anything related to the throttle body. Where can I get this part? I can not find it anywhere.
volvopilot is offline   Reply With Quote