View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 16:04   #22
brm

Update!
The car is now on the back of a relay truck, heading to a good auto-electrician in Carlisle.
The AA man was excellent and worked on it for well over two hours, not even having a cuppa.
It appears as though a wire may have been nipped when I had the engine mounts replaced a month or so ago, with trouble brewing since then. The battery was good but without attaching probes to various switches, the car was a dead duck. It would crank without the key being turned when the ignition was rocked. However, whenever it was started by the AA mechanic, the revs would eventually drop to a very low level. Some of the wiring was becoming extremely hot and the car was obviously dangerous to drive.
The situation was further complicated when he found a load of additional wiring that had been attached by a previous owner, who seems to have had an addiction to electrician's tape and cheap tat (now mostly ripped out), like Laser Star Control Box Parking System. There were also tubes at the front of the engine that seem to have no purpose but may have been for some flashy headlamps in the past.
I will post the full report details when I receive them.
Thanks everyone, for your posts and help!
brm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brm For This Useful Post: