View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 14:57   #29
Angie
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny64 View Post
I bought my 93 Torslanda a year ago with about 80,000 on the clock and very tidy and nicely looked after. I'd had a skinful of modern cars with constant expensive components, software issues, stuff crammed in so tight that effective and economic repairs couldn't be undertaken.. had always wanted a 240 and waited till the right one came along. The funny thing is I haven't seen one on the road since I bought mine and yet I used to see them around before quite a bit.
My experience is that occasionally people ogle at it in an amused but usually an appreciative way; people drive up my arse more often than I used to experience and try dodgy overtaking manoeuvres- I assume this is just because I drive sensibly in a big box and it bugs the rocket riders. I really enjoy driving it and its a great practical bus with dogs, grandkids and materials. Fast its not but I find it a comfortable, reliable drive which I really enjoy. Fair dues, I generally work at home so its just a weekend drive not a commuter (I have my wifes car for that if I need it) and I only do about 5000 miles a year.
I occasionally get to Exeter to meet stepdaughter so you might see a white Tors once in a while. Very rarely see any nowadays, though oddly I did see a couple in about three weeks back in the summer, but none since.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote