View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 16:05   #24
MarkWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Volvo have now switched to another provider for new contracts. This new provider also administers the extended service plans, etc.

I don't know if existing contracts will continue to be administered by Car Care Plan Ltd.

EDIT: The new provider is Allianz Assistance.
I extended the warranty on my XC60 when the original 3 years was up (September 2018). (Glad I did, because a month later it needed a new alternator and now it needs an airbag sensor and part of the wiring harness!).

Marshall Volvo in Milton Keynes could offer me two plans:
  1. An official Volvo Extended Warranty (Volvo Warranty Administration, operated by Car Care Plan Limited)
  2. A third party policy with a lower level of cover.
Crucially, to have the official Volvo cover, I needed to take the policy out before the end of the original 3 years. Once that was up, the only choice would have been the non-Volvo cover.

One point to note about the official Volvo Extended Warranty - it can be transferred to a new private owner but not to a garage so it's worthless when you trade the car in (which I am now doing...)

Last edited by MarkWilson; May 27th, 2019 at 16:06. Reason: Added more info about when I extended the warranty
MarkWilson is offline   Reply With Quote