View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2021, 10:41   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortos View Post
Thanks for the reply.. yea it’s the PCV box I want to clean. The flame trap and pipes weren’t too bad at all.
If I can whip out the large rubber ball that’s jubilee clipped
on the right hand side of the photo that would give me quite a
Bit of room but I’ve no idea what it is!
That "sock" or as you call it, a large rubber ball links the fuel distributor to the throttle body. If you don't get it back perfectly the engine won't run properly, if at all.

There is a conversion kit that lifts the flame trap above the manifold or you can make one yourself, basically just a longer rubber hose between the oil separator (PCV box) and the flame trap - well worth doing!

As for the existing oil separator, how badly blocked is it? A long hose attached to the oil separator and spray carb cleaner in the top of the hose can often do enough cleaning through it. Other than that i'd suggest removing the inlet manifold for access to the PCV box - make sure you have a new inlet manifold gasket ready to fit after though.
That way you only have to disturb the top of the "sock" where it meets the throttle body.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: