View Single Post
Old Oct 8th, 2016, 19:39   #56
lenjo

Default The fault has been solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjo View Post
Latest news on this subject, since I last wrote, I have not had any more trouble with that fault returning, so I can say that the gadget was the right one for the job.

I could so easily have been ripped off by the people claiming to be experts and working in the franchises. I was told with great certainty that it was a fault with the aerial, or the amplifier, which raised a chuckle from me as I was a self employed radio and TV etc engineer before I retired, and knew they were simply guessing as they knew nothing about it, despite my giving a complete and thorough description of the problems I was encountering with the HU850 unit fitted to my XC70, not even the so-called "experts" Marcel and and his buddy David.

Sincerely yours, Lenjo
Extra news on this subject.

The fault did show up again, but when I took the car to Keith Price Volvos in Abergavenny to have the rear bumper replaced, the fault seems to have disappeared at last. It appears that the rear park assist sensors were the cause. The intermittent connection showed up with the noise through the CAN BUS and ultimately through the speakers as a loud roar, or hum (it's difficult to describe what it sounded like). I never saw a fault code for this fault even when the fault did show up, although I was under the false impression that clearing the DTC's as show on the reader did seem to have done the trick. When the noise reappeared I was rather unhappy with events, but I am hopeful that it won't reappear now that the rear bumper has been replaced. It was replaced because of damage occasioned before my ownership of the car, to the bumper. If there is any more news on this subject, I will return to it.

Regards Lenjo.
lenjo is offline   Reply With Quote