Thread: Engine: D5: - QuestionEngline Loom XC70 D5 185BHP
View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 22:02   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahvernugen View Post
Hi,

I've been told that my 2006 D5 185BHP Engine Loom has failed/broken down and needs replacing.

I'm not really in the market to purchase a new one from Volvo as price is prohibitive.

I've been looking for a second hand one, and I'm assuming the 2003-2006 XC70 is a MK2 version?

The engine loom I have my eye on is apparently for:

2005- 2008 Volvo V70 S60 XC90 2.4d 185 D5 engine wiring loom:
- Volvo V70 / XC70 mk2 with second generation D5 engine 2005-2006 on this model,
- or, 2005-2008 on S60

That means if the seller is correct it will fit my Car?

BTW the symptoms I had with my car were a slight missfire which progressively got worse, and put the engine and gearbox into "Limp" mode. The dealer took it in and said the wiring loom was breaking down and that they had patched it up and they did not know how long it would last. (I now read.. We reset the fault codes away you go) they said the missfire was on Cylinder 2.

I also had all the Tappets done in April too

This car has been awesome, 199,000 miles on it and gutted to have to get rid of it because of this

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

--Roger
There are repair terminals available from volvo to repair any plug or socket , and a broken wire is simple to repair ..
The Injector plug terminals are favourite , why not replace those on cylinder 2 for a start ?