Thread: Help needed
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 20:30   #43
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth2510 View Post
I sprayed some carb cleaner around all the injectors & manifold no change in rpm. I have sprayed soapy water on air hoses & joints no bubbles or leaks visually checked hoses for splits or oil damaged parts that might collaps. Just done a draw test to see if the voltage regulator was acting up but all is ok.
Sadly none of those tests are conclusive. You need something like WD40 or better still, ether (aka EazyStart) to spray round the manifold etc with the engine running and also the hose/pipework between the throttle body and the MAF. Also make sure the electrical connector is plugged in properly on the MAF.

As for spraying soapy water on the various air/vacuum hoses, again it won't work. There's no air pressure there, especially on the vacuum hoses so you won't see any bubbles.

What are you calling a draw test? I'm guessing you put a voltmeter across the battery terminals with the engine running? If so, what did it read?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote