View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 12:26   #10
JAB88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
Do you get any wind noise when driving? I.e. a whistling as though a window is not closed fully?

Another common issue on these cars is the window closes slightly too high and when you open and close the door, the window sits on top of the seal rather than under it - can usually be overcome by closing the door using your hand on the top of the window, rather than the door itself (of course the permanent cure is to readjust the window).

The seals have a very precise,intricate shape so that when the door closes the edge of the window contacts the seal and is then pushed up into a channel in its profile. Look closely you will see what I mean.

I do actually get a fair bit of wind noise yes.

I noticed the other day that if I use the electric window and go right to the 'top' of it's motion, when looking at the (gully) seal on the small edge of the window (the one towards the windshield) there is about a 2-3mm gap from the true top.

So I pull the window up with my hand and this has stopped the rain coming in. I still get some wind noise however. I think the window cassette needs adjusting.

That said, I'm wondering whether wind deflectors would stop both the wind and rain if need be.
JAB88 is offline   Reply With Quote