View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2019, 15:25   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themindseye View Post
Hi all

I have looked everywhere and don't see the exact same symptoms so please forgive me if it's already been mentioned.
I've looked at various forums and none are the same symptoms so hoping to get some help here.

I have a UK 2004 2.4 D5 AWD XC90
When I got it a couple of weeks ago it has a pull to the right when braking.
Weird thing for me is when stationary and when driving the steering wheel is never centre it is turned more to the 03:50 position, that is until I press the brake then it pulls more to the right..like a twitch if you know my meaning, but the harder I press the steering wheel straightens itself then I release the brake, it twiches back to the left and the steering wheel is off centre again and is always like that until I brake hard then after the slight twitch its straight.

At first I thought it was a caliper binding but they all seem to roll free when I check.
The other thing is I have the anti skid service required light ...Does a failure of that create this symptom or do you think it's more of a control arm failure?
I don't have any steering wandering or bad handling round bends from what I've experienced.

Any help most appreciated.
You have bought someone else's problems , I would take it back ! Someone has fitted a non volvo lower front wishbone on one side only ! they are cheap and nasty and do not react the same as a volvo one and affect the steering . It would be best to get it looked at and preferably fit 2 VOLVO front wishbones so they both work and their bushes compress the same amount as intended .

The ABS light is something else , probably a split or rusted toothed ring on the outer end of a driveshaft .