View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 11:48   #10
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

i think volvo are coming back good there is little other swedish offering now because tbh you do not change and you end up in saabs position broke....

focusing on the v40 for a minute i really think they have an offering that will put something and make people think twice at least before buying a german manufacturers car.

to be fair the hunk of **** that is my relatives golf has been more troublesome than both our volvos, and an even older micra! i think the v40 is aimed towards this and the A3 in honesty.

for me personally i ignore cost to a degree because when i discovered how much their golf was (basic) i nearly died, the options list for what you get in a v40 is bloody expensive if you can equip them (german car) to the same level (then the price is pretty much the same if not more). In addition, their dealership are a bunch of ignorant ****s my relatives are in their 80's for god sake show no respect and brush them off it took my dad doing a 400 mile round trip just to get them to fix the problems when it arrived (punctured tyre with less than 100 miles, DSG box that would stall at stupid moments the list goes on - oh in a car that somehow passed PDI)!

Merc dealers and cars do not get me started, modern mercs well best left saying nothing.

BMW dealers have heard varying things as well as their cars.

VAG well see above, i have heard more sh*t about this lot than anything (probably due to numbers but it does not take away the fact the way they handle problems).

Alfa brilliant sadly did not buy one when i bought the c30 and would be the other brand i would consider to buy a car from plus one of my friends had some issues with a new car (fine i know there should be none but things happen to me it is how they handle it and alfa are handling very well unlike what the VW dealer did to my relatives.)

I am sorry to anyone who likes VW in anyway but i will never set foot in a VW dealer with my own cash to by a car honestly, and as for the VW/Skoda/Seat UK well they are bunch of so and so to.

Ignoring some things i think to me personally i do it by do i like the car and do i like the dealer and local support around it, i do not want to be dealing with a bunch of tools.

Last edited by Ninja59; Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:54.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote