View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 09:27   #6
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Default Thanks

Anyone who has ever been involved in running any kind of event will appreciate that such things do not just 'happen'; they require a great deal of work by a dedicated team of people!

On behalf of all those attending, I would like to propose a vote of thanks to 'JamesV70R' and his team for their planning, organisation and execution of this year's 'National'.

The 'National' is for me the high spot of the Volvo year. Thoresby is an idyllic setting and the weather yesterday was a bonus, just about perfect after the heat of Saturday. The fact that it is free is also appreciated. Not all clubs are, and in this way the VOC gives something back to its members.

There seemed to me to be a good cross section of models represented, from PVs to the most recent, with the possible exception of 4-series cars. Perhaps fewer of these have survived than earlier or later cars.

The overall facilities were excellent and I was particularly impressed by the palatial toilets; without doubt the most luxurious temporary loos that I have ever used!

Well done all concerned, and thank you!

Regards, John.