View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2003, 21:11   #6
wjp01908

Default RE: 340 DL CVT iregular running at stationair running

Have you checked over the carb as suggested theo?

It does sound as though this is at fault (assuming that the engine only runs poorly on idle - I would expect an ignition or engine mechanical fault to give problems throughout the rev range)

I would check that the idle solenoid actually operates as well as the electrical connections then perhaps dismantle the carb and give it a good clean - especially the air correction jet & emulsion tube. A good squirt of carb cleaner and a blow through with some compressed air should sort them out. Also check that all the adjustments are correct as per the manual

Is the choke correctly set? ie does it open completely when the knob is pushed in - a partially closed choke will give an over rich mixture when the engine is warm leading to the and stalling you describe - however I don`t imagine in this case that using the choke more would help. Looking at the picture you posted the choke is partially closed - if the knob was in at this point it needs to be adjusted so that the flap is fully open.

Is the air cleaner blocked? Try firing it up with the element removed or with the top off.

Good luck

Will Plummer