View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 22:18   #5
Al115
Premier Member

Default RE: Post Your Car's Modifications

I've been upgrading my car over the last few years. I bought my V70 T5 from Kent Constabulary two and a half years ago, under-par and needing some TLC, and it's now in decidedly better shape!

We think the car is running about 320bhp, I need to get it back on a dyno to confirm.

Mods now fitted include:

Engine / Tuning
MTE ECU upgrade (1.1 - 1.2 bar peak boost)
19T Turbo
"Green" Volvo injectors
Walbro race fuel pump
Aquamist 1S water injection system
Ported exhaust manifold
Ferrita 3" downpipe and race cat
Ferrita 2 1/2" cat-back exhaust
Apexi cone filter (might not add to the power, but the NOISE!!!)
S60R clutch

Suspension / Handling
IPD drop links
Volvo strut brace
Koni "yellow" adjustable shocks and matched springs (front)
850 "R" shocks and springs (rear)
17" Comets (anthracite) with 215/40/17 Falkens
302mm police spec front brakes, standard rear brakes
Goodyear braided hoses and DOT 5.1 fluid

And coming soon...
Limited-slip diff
Custom intercooler (possibly with additional CO2 cooling)
New front brakes, not sure what yet but the existing discs are sh*gged
Custom MTE ECU map

I had the work done at Power Engineering (rolling road tuning and diagnostics), SW Autos (hardware fitting, diagnostics and on-road testing), Owen Developments (exhaust manifold porting and turbo matching), MRG Chippenham (Volvo main dealers for the ETM replacement) and On My Front Drive (most of the rest of the work - including fitting the turbo with the car on axle stands!). Kalmar Union supplied many of the parts, others came from VPTuning (drop links), SW Autos (19T, fuel pump), Larkspeed (Konis), A Number Of My Mates (injectors, Apexi cone), eBay (more injectors) and a Northerner I Only Met Once (Comets).

I haven't done any custom ECU mapping yet with the car, it's running an off-the-shelf map at the moment. Now the fuelling problem is fixed (tired fuel pump), the car is running on the rich side; I'm hoping for some substantial gains from leaning the car out a bit.

Oh, and the car's now done 165k. :-)

Hope that's of interest.

Alastair
Al115 is offline   Reply With Quote