View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 09:48   #12
Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSarre View Post
Hi Transcendent,

Thanks, I have quite a few locks which need attention.
Did you fit new Marquardt switches?
Which bit(s) did you transfer from the donor lock?

Thanks
Steve
I didn't get new switches for now, but in the future I will try them out should any more door switch problems occur.

In my first picture I linked in my last post you can see the switches are not mounted with rubber over the terminals, just a bit of glue which is easily removed. The donor (like the original poster's pictures) is mounted with rubber which completely covers the terminals and is bonded to the plastic. This has to be carefully cut away.

The second picture shows the donor which is now missing the microswitch which detects when the door is locked, the switch for the door open/close was left intact.

I was in a bit of a rush to remove the lock microswitch and in combination with it the rubber which needed to be cleared out, the 3rd furthest terminal sits slightly underneath the white plastic. Unsoldering the 3rd leg while trying to pry the switch out (it's not glued, just keyed with those 2 short round legs you can see also on the top side of each switch).

The switch for the door open and close detection has very good access. And is thus easy to maneuver a knife and soldering iron to remove the old one.

I'm 95% sure those switches I linked on RS are the correct type (or close enough, some of the alternatives on various websites seem to use misleading stock images so be careful. There are some on ebay but they are very expensive and don't have free postage)

Hope this helps.